Monday, November 05, 2007

Update on little Lucia....


Thought it was time to do a update on "Little Lucia"

All seems to be going quiet well. I'm happy with the way things are progressing. Had the Child Health Nurse visit at the end of last week, and Lucia has put on just under 300 grams in 5 days, so she suggested that I cut back on her feeding to 3.5 to 4 hrs. I thought great, I might be able to get some more sleep during the night, as I've been waking her up! Since then, she's been on strictly 3 hrs, trying to stretch it out but just no luck!


Tyler is loving having a little sister around. He is probably too helpful, but then again I do have to watch him with her around. He's pretty good with her considering, but he's trying to play with her, so I do have to jump in and say "Hey, settle down mate". He is forever saying that "Little Lucia is so sweet" "Mum, I love little Lucia", "Mum she's cute", and when he says things like this, it really makes my heart melt. I must take a good photo of the two of them, so I can scrapbook this.

Mum has been a great help since I've been home. And also considering I had a C-Section, she's demanding that I put my feet up and let the world go by. She's been over almost every day, doing the washing, cleaning, and just being there for me. Dad was over one day, and he was bored (waiting for some repairs on the coach in our area), so he decides to mow the lawn, do some front and backyard maintenance. So, from the bottom of my heart I say "Thanks to them both". They have gone to Tasmania today for two weeks and Mum is going to miss Lucia for sure.

Just now that with Lucia home, am finding that I have to be a bit more prepared. The boys have been great in the mornings to get themselves ready for school if I am feeding Lucia, but I do wonder how long that this is going to go on for! Its too good to be true! LOL.

Well, I better go now and sign off, so I can get Tyler in the bath before Mark is home and I have already precooked dinner, so that won't be too much of a hassle.

1 comment:

Susan C said...

Oh she's just lovely Janelle. You are so lucky that that the boys are being co-operative.